Alaska Air National Guard February 1990 - October 2008 Ref Wikipedia
176th Mission Support Group - 176 Civil Engineer Squadron - HVAC/R Section Supervisior - July 1994 - September 2008 MSgt (ret)
The group encompasses a wide variety of units. Together, they provide a range of specialized services and programs in support of the wing's flying missions.
Hawaii Sept 1994
Shepard AFB, Texas 1994/95 HVAC/R Tech School
Okanawa, Japan 1995 Silver Flag
Millers Reach Fire Equador 2001
USAF Museum Historical Property Custodian Training Ohio 2002
176th Maintenance Group - 210th CAMS - Engine Shop Febuary 1990 - June 1994
Maintains the Wing's aircraft and insures they are kept in an operationally ready state to carry out the missions of the operational squadrons. Also maintains and services transient aircraft using the Great Circle Route to the Northern Pacific region, Canada, and the United States.
Operation Iraqi Freedom Saudi Arabia June - September 1993
Break in Service
September 1974 - February 1990
George Air Force Base April 1974 - September 1974 Ref Wikipedia
Established by the United States Army Air Corps as an Advanced Flying School in June 1941, it was closed at the end of World War II. It was again activated as a training base by the United States Air Force with the outbreak of the Korean War in November 1950. It remained a training base throughout the Cold War and in the immediate post-Cold War period, primarily for the Tactical Air Command (TAC) and later the Air Combat Command (ACC), training USAF, NATO and other Allied pilots and weapon systems officers in front-line fighter aircraft until being closed in 1993.
In 1965 the RTN was permitted by the Council of Ministers to build a 1,200 meter long airfield near U-Tapao village, Ban Chang District, in Rayong Province. The US, seeking a Southeast Asian B-52 base, reached an agreement with the Thai government to build and operate the base in conjunction with the Royal Thai Navy. The US began construction of the runway and all facilities on 15 October 1965 and completed it on 2 June 1966. The base was administratively handed over to the RTN on 10 August 1966. The 11,000-foot (3,355 m) runway became operational on 6 July 1966 and U-Tapao received its first complement of United States Air Force (USAF) Strategic Air Command (SAC) KC-135 tankers in August 1966. The USAF had been flying B-52Operation Arc Light bombing missions from Kadena Air Base on Okinawa, but Okinawa was judged to be too far from Vietnam to meet mission requirements. An optimal solution was to base the B-52s in South Vietnam or Thailand, however base security in South Vietnam was problematic. U-Tapao had an existing runway suitable for the bombers and the cost for upgrades to the base was minimal. In January 1967, negotiations between the US and Thai government started to base them at U-Tapao. The agreement, reached on 2 March 1967, allowed 15 B-52s and their support personnel to be based at U-Tapao, with the provision that missions flown from Thailand would not over fly Laos or Cambodia on their way to targets in Vietnam. The first B-52's arrived on 10 April 1967. The next day, B-52 sorties were flown from U-Tapao. By 1972 there were 54 B-52 aircraft stationed in Thailand.
Travis Air Force Base March 1971- April 1973 Ref Wikipedia
916th Air Refueling Squadron 1971-1973 Ref Wikipedia
The 916th Air Refueling Squadron was activated at Travis in 1958 when the 5th Bombardment Wing participated in the Strategic Air Command program to disperse its bomber force over a larger number of bases to reduce vulnerability to a first strike. The squadron remained at Travis after the 5th wing moved to Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota. It maintained an alert status during the Cold War and participated in contingency operations until being inactivated.
In 2002 Brooks Air Force Base was renamed Brooks City-Base when the property was conveyed to the Brooks Development Authority as part of a unique project between local, state, and federal government. The Brooks Development Authority is now the owner and operator of the property, and is redeveloping it as a science, business, and technology center. The Air Force was the largest tenant at Brooks City-Base.
Brooks Air Force Base was one of thirty-two United States Army Air Service training camps established in 1918 after the United States entry into World War I, being established on December 8, 1917 as Kelly Field No. 5. Flying at Brooks, however predates its military establishment, as the facility was known as Gosport Field prior to the first Army airplanes arriving on December 5, 1917.[